UPnP is a way to forward ports on a NAT device/router.
Universal Plug and Play in eMule's context is a way to open/forward ports on UPnP compatible routers (or modems with integrated routers). This gives a high-ID without having to open ports manually.
In order to use Universal Plug and Play, there are several requirements:
- The operation system has to support it and the functionality has to be activated.
- The router has to support it and the option has to be activated.
- If a firewall is installed, it has to be set to allow UPnP traffic.
- The used eMule Mod has to have UPnP support and the option has to be activated.
Note: To find and fix problems with UPnP use the UPnP Test Program from the See also section.
Known Routers/ DSL modems that support UPnP
- WLAN Modem 100
- 3CR858-91 OfficeConnect Cable/DSL Router
- 3CRWDR100Y72 Router (Firmware 2.6)
- DI524 Router
- DSL-G604T Router
- WAG54G / GS
- WRT54G / GS / GL
- 7804WBRA Barricade
- 7004ABR Barricade
- 510 DSL Modem
- 546 DSL Modem
- T-Sinus 1054 DSL
- Windows Internet Connection Sharing
- Prestige 660 HW
If you own a router/ modem that supports UPnP, please be so kind to add it to the list.